DIY Bath Bombs: A Step-by-Step Guide
For all the do it yourselfers this is a simple recipe to create your own bath bomb.
We all deserve love. Love of self and love of others. That is why after a long day working it is time to put the children to bed and time for you to relax.
If you are one of those parents that struggle to get your children to take a bath let me include you in on a secret. Children love bath bombs as much as you do. So, we know for you to relax you first need to help them relax then they will go to sleep.
What can you do?
Run him/her a warm bath and drop in one of our deluxe bath bombs. Now it’s your time. The children are clean and tucked in bed. Since you now know why to incorporate bath bombs in your life let us show you how.
You know we love coconut oil at Ooh La La Skin Care so much that we incorporated it in our logo. Of course, you might have guessed that coconut oil is a key component to our recipe and is the star of the show.
Let’s get started.
- Large mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Wooden spoons
- Bath bomb molds
Bath Bomb Ingredients
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- Grounded 1/2 cup sea salt or Epsom salt
- 3 TBL melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 6 drops essential oil
- Mica Powder or food coloring
Bath Bomb Directions: Making your bath bombs!
- Measure out all your ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and whisk them together.
- Combine the melted coconut oil, and essential oil into a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the wet and the dry bath bomb mixtures by slowly pouring the wet mixture. Try not to create any fizz!
- Pack the bath bomb mixture into the molds. Press the bath bomb mixture in tightly.
- Twist the two bath bomb mold halves together to close.
- Place the bath bomb molds in the freezer for approximately 20 minutes.
To remove your new bath bombs, roll the molds in your hands. Then, lightly tap the side of the mold to loosen your bath bombs, and twist to pop them out!
Want to just shop bath bombs instead?
Browse our full collection of bath bombs to pamper and nourish in 2021 and beyond.