Our Sugar Scrub Recipe: How to Make Your Own Sugar Scrub
You'll love our sugar scrub recipe to nourish your skin in preparation for what will be an amazing year.
In a world where we are often stressed, the environment is not ideal, and the weather wreaks havoc on our skin we need healthy skin care products, and we need to create time to de-stress.
DIY Sugar Scrub Ingredients
Basically, there are three types of sugar. You should choose the one that best suits your skin type.
- Turbinado unrefined raw sugar: a light-colored cane sugar that is minimally processed. Therefore, of the three it is the one with the most health benefits. The size of its crystals is larger than both brown sugar and white refined or unrefined sugar. I would recommend using only 1 to 2 times per week.
- Pure Cane unrefined white sugar: not as course as Turbinado still contains some of the essential nutrients and works well with all skin types. Suggested use 2 to 3 times per week.
- Brown Sugar: a great choice for those with sensitive skin because of the three it is the least abrasive. Therefore, this choice maybe used 3-4 times per week.
Select Your Oil
- Apricot oil
- Avocado oil
- Coconut oil
- Grapeseed Oil
- Jojoba Oil
- Olive Oil
Equipment You'll Need
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Wooden spoon or whisk
- Wide mouth container to store
- 1 cup of sugar (Unrefined white sugar or brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup of oil
- Essential oils (optional)
How to Make Your Sugar Scrub
- Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir with your wooden spoon or whisk until the mixture is thoroughly combined and gritty. If your consistency is too loose or runny add more sugar. If too gritty add more oil.
- Remove from mixing bowl into your wide mouth container.
How to Store Your Sugar Scrub
Store your new sugar scrub in an airtight container in your shower caddy so it is easily available for use. Try not to get water in the scrub.
How Long Will My Sugar Scrub Last?
Your sugar scrub should last approximately 1 month.
I hope you enjoyed the process of making your DIY sugar scrub!
Want to Shop for Sugar Scrubs Instead?
Shop our full collection of natural and organic sugar scrubs we know you'll love. Don't forget to leave a review, and tell a friend!